Annual Financial Reports
Tax Increment Finance Reports
Requests for Public Records
The Village of Fox Lake Policy for the Implementation of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (the "FOIA Policy") provides comprehensive procedures, instructions, and forms for obtaining Village public records. This website provides only a brief summary of the FOIA Rules.
All requests to inspect, copy, or certify public records must be in writing, directed to the FOIA Officer and submitted via personal delivery, mail, fax, or other means available to the FOIA Officer in accordance with Section 3(c) of the Act. Any request submitted via email to the FOIA Officer should be sent to the following email address dedicated for FOIA matters. The Village prefers the use of the "Request for Public Records" form, but the Village will honor all requests lawfully submitted to the FOIA Officer even if it is not submitted on the preferred form. Any written request submitted to the Village for a public record shall be deemed to be a FOIA request and treated accordingly.
The Village will respond to each proper written request to inspect, copy, or certify public records within five (5) working days after receipt of the request.
Copies of public records will be provided only upon payment of a copying fee. Copies of public records will not be mailed except upon prepayment of a fee equal to the actual cost of postage and copying.
All notices and other communications relating to a request to inspect, copy, or certify public records, all requests for copies of the FOIA Rules, and all requests for any other information relating to the Village's implementation of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act must be directed to:
Village of Fox Lake
66 Thillen Drive
Fox Lake, Illinois 60020
The foregoing information is provided pursuant to Section 4(b) of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140/4(b).
The Village of Fox Lake Strategic Plan
In 2016, the Village of Fox Lake contracted with Executive Service Corps of Chicago, a consulting firm, to develop a strategic plan for the Village of Fox Lake. The direction provided by the Village of Fox Lake Board of Trustees was to undertake a strategic planning process and develop a plan to prioritize Village goals and objectives.
As a result of the strategic planning process, six Strategic Planning Teams were established, with two appointed Village Trustees on each Planning Team and a staff chair. The six planning teams are: Economic Development, Recreation, Marketing, Communication/Public Outreach, Infrastructure, and Technology. Meetings are held monthly, or more frequently if needed. Each Chair provides a report to the Board of Trustees as part of the Board Packet for each Village Board Meeting. Each planning team has an overarching goal, a list of objectives, and tactics to accomplish those objectives.
In June 2019, the Mayor and Board of Trustees decided to combine three of the Strategic Planning Teams (Marketing, Communications and Public Outreach, and Technology) into one larger strategic planning team entitled “Public Outreach and Technology.” Additionally the Mayor increased the number of Trustees per Planning Team (now four verse six) to three members on each of the four planning teams.
On an annual basis, the Strategic Planning Teams will provide a priority list for the year with some projects spanning through multiple years of the Strategic Plan. These will be presented to the board and adopted. Additionally, a review of accomplishments will be provided following each year of the Strategic Plan.
Additionally, annual priorities will be included in departmental performance metrics which are part of each Fiscal Year Budget. Therefore, Strategic Plan priorities for each year are properly budgeted for, and linked to departmental performance.
Village of Fox Lake Strategic Plan Documents
- Strategic Plan Process Overview
- Village of Fox Lake Strategic Plan
- 2017 - 2018 Strategic Plan Priorities and Progress Report
- 2018 - 2019 Strategic Plan Priorities and Progress Report
- 2019 - 2020 Strategic Plan Priorities
- 2017 - 2018 Performance Metrics and Progress Report
- 2018 - 2019 Performance Metrics and Progress Report
- 2019 - 2020 Performance Metrics
Village of Fox Lake Long-Term Plans
2020 BID Tabulations
2019 BID Tabulations
- Generator Set
- Frontage Road
- Bridge Lift Station
- Sewer Lining 2019
- Main Lift Station
- Water & Sewer Interconnect - Phase 1
- Grand Avenue Street Lighting - Phase 1
- Custodial Services
- Grace Avenue Community Gathering
- Signage Design
- NWRWRF Aeration Header Replacement
- Well Inspection and Rehabilitation
- Generator Set 9/6/2019
- Snow & Ice Metra Lots
2018 BID Tabulations
Lake County Prevailing Rate
McHenry County Prevailing Rate
Current Prevailing Wage Rates
Consumer Confidence Reports - South System
- 2012 South System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2013 South System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2014 South System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2015 South System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2016 South System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2017 South System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2018 South System Consumer Confidence Report
Consumer Confidence Reports - North System
- 2012 North System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2013 North System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2014 North System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2015 North System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2016 North System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2017 North System Consumer Confidence Report
- 2018 North System Consumer Confidence Report